YOUR ONE DAY HAS ARRIVED!
Day 1 – Fly into Nice airport (NCE) to be greeted by your hostess and tour guide, Dee Poquette. Meet the group and head off to our first home away from home, a 4-star hotel & spa tucked into the mountains of Provence (hotel details shared upon booking). We will stop on the way in a medieval castle village for lunch and exploring. A welcome dinner awaits on your first night.
Day 2 – Experience the sights and sounds of a local farmers market where you’ll gather ingredients for today’s cooking lesson with our Michelin-rated chef in his kitchen set among a culinary garden. Your afternoon is at leisure to explore the beautiful village and shops, relax by the pool, or use our discount code towards a spa appointment.
Day 3 – Your culinary experience continues with another cooking class followed by wine tasting while biking through the sunkissed Bandol region. Enjoy the sights and tastes of Provence – it truly is magical for the senses!
Day 4 – Today we will explore a neighboring village unknown by any tourists – our tour guide knows the secret spots for the best view (and trust us, it’s worth the trip)! Next we’ll visit a small village known for its beautiful markets and shops and photo ops around every corner. After a leisurely visit, we’ll make our way to the local seaside markets along the port towns of Provence, a quick (yet scenic) drive. Enjoy the salty breeze during our boat tour along Cassis and experience Provence from the sea – words can’t describe the striking color of the ocean, you’ll just have to experience it for yourself!
Day 5 – We’re bidding au revoir to the mountains and moving on to Aix-en-Provence, a gorgeous mini Paris filled with all the charm you’d expect in a quaint city that’s been around for centuries. Here we’ll explore the shops and markets and perhaps a cafe or two along the promenade.
Day 6 – Take the day to wander through the beautiful city of Aix (pronounced “X”) – churches, museums, restaurants, and a morning market are just waiting for you to enjoy.
Day 7 – Today we will take an early morning drive to a charming village known worldwide for its authentic brocante (antique / flea market) markets. This is why we say to pack an extra (empty) bag – you’ll want it today to lug all of your antique treasures home with you! French linens, silverware, china, furniture…. the shopping is endless, it just depends how much room you have to take it all home! Our tour guide will help you barter along the way to get the best price if you need a little nudge ;).
Day 8 – We say our goodbyes to Aix and make our way back to Nice, the city where we all met and began our journey together. Explore the beautiful ocean views, climb the stairs to the top of the cliff by the shore for the most incredible views, make a few last purchases at the local markets, or just sit by the sea and enjoy a spritz on your last day.
- Welcome Kit including your detailed itinerary, market bag, and other goodies to kick-off your tour.
- Licensed, comfortable transportation (gas, tolls and driver gratuity included) for each destination and activity. This includes transfer from Nice airport to our first hotel upon your arrival to beautiful Southern France – all guests will be asked to arrive at the same time so we can coordinate the group pickup and kick off the tour together.
- Accommodations (room + tax) for 8 nights through the duration of our tour. Incidentals are on own.
- Breakfast each morning (8 days).
- 2 lunches – most days we are out and about and grab lunch while exploring.
- 1 welcome dinner – the beauty of our tour is we have the ability to experience the many tastes of Provence, and guests enjoy the local restaurants and cafes or a simple supper of goods from the farmers market (local bread, cheese, charcuterie and wine)!
- 2 Cookery classes with a Michelin star-rated chef in his magnificent kitchen garden.
- Wine and Bike Tour along the sunkissed hills of Bandol.
- Boat ride along the French Riviera.
- Priceless memories and new friends along the way.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Flight – your flight from your home to Nice is not included in our tour package. We recommend using sites such as kayak.com or hopper to set up a search for the best flight costs. We’ve also found that flight searches on Tuesday nights can sometimes land you a great deal!
- Travel Insurance – we recommend travel insurance for all travelers.
- Any meals not specified above – we’ve created our itinerary so our guests can truly experience Provence – some meals are included but for those that aren’t, the beauty of our tour is the flexibility to eat with the group or do what suits you best. Our goal is for you to truly relax and rejuvenate, not feel strapped to a rigid timeline.
- Your return transfer to the airport – some guests decide to tack on a few extra days, while others might decide to leave on our last “official” day. Depending on flight times and schedules, each guest arranges their own transport back to the airport (if leaving from our last hotel in Nice, this cost can be $15-$20 / person as we are only about 25-30 minutes away).
Jackdaw Journeys truly is an experience for the senses, set in magical Provence. We hope you can join us!