Here in the Northern Hemisphere, the winter weather is holding on tightly for some parts, but the promise of spring in Provence is waiting for you, and for me! I am preparing for our first Jackdaw Journeys trip of the season, April 30th through May 10th and I am definitely dreaming of the beauty and experiences that await.
Warm temperatures and blue skies are all the more enjoyable when you add in the scenery, the ambiance, and the feeling of Provence. April and May are considered to be the best time of year to visit Provence. The crowds have not fully gathered and the weather is pleasant. The earth is starting to sprout with all its natural beauty. You will see early blossoms and the markets are full of spring offerings like artichokes and asparagus.
In a previous post, I shared a delicious Roasted White Asparagus with Herbs de Provence. Click here to try this out in anticipation of your first or next trip!
Make Your Own Memories
If you have heard the whisper of your own voice saying, “One of these days, I’ll finally take that trip I’ve always wanted to?” We’re all guilty of pushing our hopes and dreams aside, but now is the time to listen to that whisper, and we can help you make “one of these days” a reality with a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Provence.
A Glimpse into our Itinerary
On our Spring tour, we will be spending our days immersed in the French culture, experiencing the food, the wine, the sites, sounds, tastes, and smells of the South of France! Here are a few highlights:
- Visit Villefranche-sur-Mer, Monaco, and the medieval city of Èze.
- A picnic of cheeses, olives, tapenade, baguettes, crudities, fruits, rosé wine, and delectable cake, all while looking out over the blue ocean!
- A tour of the famous Maison Godet, a perfumery that has been making beautiful scents since the 1900s.
- Three-hour walking food tour in the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence.
- A visit to the historic village of Le Castellet, a picture-perfect village, perched on the edge of a cliff nestled in the heart of the Bandol vineyards. Where you will find some of Provence’s favorite wines.
- Relax in the stunning seaside town of Cassis. There you will board a boat for a three-hour cruise on the Mediterranean to the famous Calanques, one of the most beautiful natural wonders of France.
- Many French market shopping opportunities, including a guided walking food tour as we prepare for our cooking class with Rosa Jackson of Les Petits Farcis.
Join us on this trip and experience and experience Spring in Provence for yourself. Email me or, visit our Itinerary page for upcoming dates and to book your spot.