Well, that’s a wrap on our Jackdaw Journeys 2023 Provence Spring Tour. It was a wonderful tour, and Provence, as always, did not disappoint. If you follow along with me on Instagram or Facebook you might have caught a few of our highlights, but if not here is a recap.
At the start of our tour, we were met with a little of mother nature’s unpredictability – rain. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “April showers bring May flowers”, well we were welcomed to Provence with this ringing true. The rain did not however dampen our spirits, and after breakfast in Nice, we were on our way.
Here are a few of the experiences:
- The village of Èze and took a tour of the Fragonard Perfume House established in 1926. What a tour for the senses!
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence, and discovered that a rainy day while on tour is not all that bad. Crowds are fewer which allows for easy movement through the small pathways of medieval cities.
- La Maison Godet Parfum, where guest met Sonia Godet who is known as “the nose” of Godet and has been able to discover scents since she was four! We never miss this wonderful perfumery when in Saint Paul.
- The historic village of Le Castellet, a picture-perfect village, perched on the edge of a cliff nestled in the heart of the Bandol vineyards.
- Aix-en-Provence – a gorgeous mini-Paris filled with all the charm you’d expect in a quaint city that has been around for centuries.
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. Le Sorgue is known worldwide for its authentic brocante (antique) markets.
- We browsed through the many stalls of antiques and clothing on the Cours Mirabeau in Aix.
- Marché aux Fleurs (flower market) and the food market located at Place Richelme in Aix.
- Private tour with chef Rosa Jackson of Les Petit Farcis at the food market in Vieux Nice followed by a cooking class.
And… a few of the places we stayed:
- Domaine Carpe Diem in Le Cardiere is an absolutely lovely domaine that has just five rooms which gave us the feeling of having our own private Provencal home! Each day after breakfast we would venture out for the day and couldn’t wait to return to our quiet place and swim the night away.
- The boutique Hôtel Cezanne with its authentic charm. This hotel has been a part of the city’s history for the past 100 years.
This is just a snapshot of the wonderful moments on our Jackdaw Journeys 2023 Provence Spring tour. You can see more of our Provence highlights and learn more about our upcoming tours on our website, or follow us on Instagram @jackdawjourneys.
If you aren’t already subscribed, join our email list to be the first to hear about our upcoming tours.
Create Priceless Memories in Provence!
Our small group tours to Provence are as unique as you, our guests, and we love sharing Provence with you. Our guests have fallen in love with Provence, created priceless memories, and leave a bit of their hearts in France.
A few words from our guests:
“If you want a small group experience, this is a great way to go.
We were able to stay flexible and accommodate the whole itinerary.”
– Dianne A.
“You were always there to make sure we had the best time possible!”
– Nanette V.
You can read more testimonials from our past guests here.
Join us this Fall
If you are ready to create your own priceless memories in the South of France, I encourage you to come with us this Fall. Check out our Fall 2023 tour dates here. And…if you have more questions please email us.