Travel is a transformative experience that deepens our horizons and enriches our lives and Jackdaw Journeys was born out of my desire to share my experience in Provence with others.
“Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
The transformative experience of travel has a ripple effect beyond the locales themselves. Travel takes you out of your routine which can reduce stress, create new connections and relationships, expose you to new foods, language, and traditions, and can build empathy and understanding of how others live. As well, travel often includes the physical benefits of activity, such as walking, as you explore your destination.
Provence is My Travel Experience of Choice
I have become a storyteller of Provence’s charm. Sharing with our Jackdaw Journey’s guests, the long and rich history that the region has as a popular place for travelers. Provence’s lasting impression comes from its…
- Natural Beauty; breathtaking landscapes, stunning countryside, and coastline.
- Cultural Heritage; influences of the Greeks, Romans, Celts and other civilizations.
- Artistic Inspiration; painters like Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, and Henri Matisse, who captured the essence of Provence in their works.
- Wine & Food; a focus on fresh ingredients straight from the markets, and full of Mediterranean flavor
Rushing, standing in lines, and ticking along to a tight schedule are not the driving forces behind an authentic Provence experience. It’s about taking your time to visit friends’ homes to dine on a Sunday afternoon, visit iconic locations that have been family businesses for generations, and share in moments around a garden pool enjoying an aperitif at sunset.
Experiences not to be missed on a trip to Provence
- The historic village of Le Castellet, a picture-perfect village, perched on the edge of a cliff nestled in the heart of the Bandol vineyards.
- The stunning seaside town of Cassis
- The famous Calanques, a unique kind of geological formation made of limestone and one of the most beautiful natural wonders of France
- Aix-en-Provence a gorgeous mini-Paris filled with all the charm you’d expect in a quaint city that has been around for centuries.
- The Marché aux Fleurs (flower market) and the food market located at Place Richelme
- Maison Godet, a perfumery that has been making beautiful scents since the 1900s.
- The charming village of L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, known worldwide for its authentic brocante (antique) markets.
Some Guests’ Experience
“We had a delightful time touring Provence with Jackdaw Journeys. Dee arranged an itinerary that included a great mix of rural and urban settings, giving us the chance to experience the region’s natural beauty, historic sites and present-day food and culture, all at a relaxed pace. Shopping at the amazing town markets were a highlight, as were the medieval sites we explored. A photo opp was awaiting us around every corner! Our trip left us with memories that will last a lifetime.”
“We traveled around southern France for a week and saw things we never would have without a knowledgeable guide. From medieval towns to vineyards to excellent restaurants to historic churches, this trip was phenomenal. We couldn’t have asked for better weather and I found the French people extremely friendly, unlike the Myth that they are not. This is not just a bucket list trip but a memorable enjoyable experience. As the saying goes, this is not a rehearsal, it’s you life. I found Jackdaw Journeys delivered what they promise and then some.”
“This was more than just a tour, it was a life changing experience that is hard to put into words. I have traveled through many parts of the world, usually on an agenda we plan ourselves, but what separated Jackdaw Journeys from the trips we’ve planned was the amount of regions we were able to visit in 8 days without feeling like we were being rushed around from place to place. Dee has clearly done her research and knows the area left and right – we didn’t feel like tourists on this trip, we felt like we were visiting our home away from home. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for an immersive experience in one of the most beautiful regions in the world.”
Sharing My Experience of Provence
Each time I go to Provence I am sharing my experience through an intentionally created itinerary for small groups that allow for connection. Provence captured my heart and now I get to share that love with the guests of Jackdaw Journeys. Join me on one of our upcoming journeys and experience your own transformative travel experience in Provence.
Reach out to email@example.com to book your spot on one of our next journeys – you are ready for a transformative travel experience in Provence.